Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One year Bible

20 years ago, while on furlough from Bolivia (New Years 1989) I was challenged to read through the Bible in a year. I have continued that ritual for 20 years now.
I have needed to change it a bit. Every so often, I would switch versions, going from KJV to Living and now most recently, I have started using the Internet option. There is nothing more precious than to read the Word of God daily. I am thankful for the challenge (Thanks MJE) and still the freshness of the Word even today.

I am reminded of the following:

Sing Them Over Again to Me (Wonderful Words of Life)

Phillip Bliss, 1874. Public Domain.



Sing them over again to me,

Wonderful words of Life.

Let me more of their beauty see,

Wonderful words of Life.



Words of strength and beauty,

Teach me faith and duty,

Beautiful words, wonderful words,

Wonderful words of Life.



Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment