Monday, October 20, 2008

Its my Birthday

For the past several weeks I have been posting about my brothers, sisters, nieces and new nephews' birthdays and stuff. Looks like this every year, we have a slew of birthdays all at once in September and October. October is a good month. As a child, I always enjoyed the State Fair, football games and cooler weather. And I still do, even though I'm 52.

As I reflect back on my years, I'm thankful for my parents who brought me into this world. They showed me unconditional love. They were at every concert, field trip, birthday party and awards ceremony. Mom and Dad have journeyed with us as we transported our family to opposite seasons in Bolivia. They have journeyed with us as we have introduced them to our missionary family and friends in South America and now in Guatemala. They are our real champions.

I'm also thankful for a loving husband of nearly 29 years years. Glenn you have cheered, comforted me, laughed with me and cried with me. You are a perfect example of a true servant in your ministry and in our marriage. I appreciate the way you love me and love our kids. I love you. (Thank you for doing the dishes!)

I'm also thankful for my 3 kids. All so different and beautiful in their own personalities.

Ellen was the one who got the beautiful voice - I sure didn't. Ellen was the one who made the A's in school - I sure didn't. I love you Ellen.

I'm thankful for Karen, who likes to be spontaneous, make spur of the moment decisions to travel with me to Paris for the weekend or likes to watch the Amazing Race. Karen got the gift of languages - I sure didn't. I love you Karen.

And then there is Gary, who is patient with my computer questions, loves to be around people and be the life of the party, likes to cross stitch and who says to me "I love you mom!" I love you too, Gary.

Happy Birthday to me.

Signed by a mother who is blessed with wonderful parents, a loving husband and 3 beautiful children.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment