Thursday, October 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, Rick

Today, my older brother turns 53! Happy Birthday Rick. Rick was known as Ricky when he was growing up.
Rick Marr and family - picture taken Christmas 2007
Sarah Marr, Brian Marr and son Camp (short for John Campbell, named after his father and grandfather), Beverly, Rick, Brenda and Catherine

Rick, my older brother. I had the privilege of just being 1 grade behind Rick in school. Rick played basketball and football in high school. He was famous. I was not. When I came along in school the following years, and as I introduced myself to teachers and friends, I would simply say "Do you know my older brother, Rick?" Almost without exception the teachers would know Rick. I had an "in".

Rick came to visit us in Bolivia in 1995 and we were able to show him our ministry and the 3rd world culture of Bolivia. He was impressed with the people, driving, food and culture. Thanks for visiting us in Bolivia and we look forward to you flying down to Guatemala and visiting us here.

Rick is a quiet guy. He doesn't talk much. He thinks a lot. He is an artist and creative but doesn't boast about it. He likes to "tinker" with stuff. He is very knowledgeable on many subjects, especially mechanics. We listen when he speaks. Rick married his high school girlfriend, Beverly (she was a cheerleader and drill team captain) and they have 3 kids and 1 grandson with another grandson on the way.

Uncle Rick giving Karen last minute advise before she walks down the isle. :)

Happy Birthday, Rick!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment