Monday, September 22, 2008

Leaving a Legacy - Grandma Archer



I REMEMBER - -
  • Catching Lorraine with her Bible open as she had her morning devotions
  • Working with her on VBS crafts at GPBC back in the 1980s
  • Gary and Glenn mowing her yard and being fed cookies, milk and ice cream
  • Driving her to church
  • Visiting her home during furloughs and having her delicious pork chops and potato casserole
  • Being on the receiving end of great friendship
  • Seeing her smile when she talked about her kids and grand kids
  • Glenn fixing her car
  • Grabbing M & M's candy in her Grand Prairie apartment
  • Sitting by her at Helen's Sunday School class
Grandma Archer died on Sunday, September 21. She had a special place in my heart. She was the example of a Godly woman and grandmother. I count it a high privilege to have known her, to know her kids and grand kids. She left a great legacy. I will miss dropping by the Retirement Center in Longview, Texas and seeing Grandma Archer - however in the later years, I went there for my sake, not for hers. She would not remember me. Many times she would confuse Glenn with her son Hugh.

Thank you, Grandma Archer, for your friendship, your prayers, and loving example. You will be dearly missed by many.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment