Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sherrie

Aunt Sherrie with her favorite Bolivian Nephew (cousin Kyle in the background)

Sherrie and Steve (her Knight in Shining Armour)

Me (nearly 52)
Birthday girl, Sherrie (46 today)
and G'mommy (nearly 80- she doesn't look that old)

Happy Birthday, Sherrie! So, I called her this morning from Guatemala and she has a packed day filled with going to her kids' soccer games. You gotta love soccer. Sherrie is a "soccer mom".:)

Sherrie has been my baby sister. While growing up, our ages were so different that we didn't fight. While I was going to college, she was still in Junior high. Then over night she grew up. Sherrie is a great Aunt for my kids. She and Steve have always made my kids feel special, even though we were miles apart. She is creative in celebrating their birthdays, especially when each of my kids turned 13. Even today, she calls my kids regularly every week to see how they are doing. Thank you, Sherrie!

Sherrie's hands are full with 4 growing kids. She enjoys soccer, being involved in her kids' lives, reading (thanks for introducing me to the Karen Kingsbury series), keeping track of finances on Quicken and being with friends and family. She is forever trying to convince me that I should highlight my hair. I am satisfied with my natural gray streaks - cheaper that way. :)

Sherrie's family - Molly 13, Sherrie, Michelle 6, Steve, Stephen 7 and Haley 15

Now to set the record straight. That was MY yellow Schwinn Bicycle that I purchased with my babysitting money, that I took with me up to Moody, stored in North Hall and rode it on beautiful days up and down Lake Shore Drive. *Smile*

Happy Birthday, Sherrie! Enjoy your day with family and friends. Thank you for being a special sister and Aunt to my kids.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY today, Sept 27, 2008

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment