Saturday, July 18, 2015

Passports and Travel

Think about these words:
Quote from

Last week Glenn and I submitted our soon to expire passports to the US embassy in Guatemala City with new photos and new forms filled out.  We dished out over $200.00 to have new 10 year passports issued.  We also chose to have additional pages to be added at this point.


My stomach gets a little nervous when I don't have a passport with me.  What if I need to travel?  What if something happens to my mom and I have to get on the plane really quickly?  What if I need to travel to see my grandkids 2 countries away?

Wow, my old passport has lots of memories between each of it's pages.  If each stamp could tell their story.  They would tell of traveling to Russia with Moody Alumni and representing the school, or travels to Spain to visit Camino missionaries there, and of course it would tell of re-entry upon re-entry into Nicaragua to see our grandchildren.  There would be several stamps into Mexico for 90 day visa renewals and the our customary 90 day stamp into the country of Guatemala and stamps into Bolivia where we lived for 15 years.

I am most happy when I have my passport with me and I know it has been processed and is ready for my next journey.

 "Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport." 
My passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment