Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Our Mail Sometimes Takes Longer Than Expected

Letter written September 2009 - finally arrives at my parents house July 2015
I write weekly letters to my mom.  I've done this for 30 years.  She used to write to me once a week when we lived in Bolivia.  Because of age and memory, she doesn't write any more.

I routinely will hand my US stamped envelope letter to a team member, visitor or missionary that is traveling to the states.  I jokingly say "just mail it before Christmas".  Normally we expect those traveling to mail our stack of letters within a few days upon arriving in the states.  There have been times when we have traveled to the states and we have those letters in the US post office by 3pm that afternoon.

However, in this case, my dad received a letter that I had written and given to someone traveling up to the states in September, 2009.  Dad was surprised to receive this letter in July, 2015.  Our only thinking is that the letter was stuck in the outside pocked of a piece of luggage and then just recently, the letter was discovered.  Thankfully it was mailed.  It was just a newsy family note of what was happening (at that time:) in our lives in Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment