Saturday, June 23, 2012

Is it OK to Cry?


Today, I have felt my emotions swing from one side to the other.

On the left hand side of my imaginary swing, I'm enjoying holding Baby David in my arms.  He has yet to break out a smile for me.  He is the serious type of baby.  I dream that one day, he will break out into a good belly laugh.  He is close to walking, but not quite yet.  He does scoot along the floor at a pretty good pace.  He'll be walking soon.

On the other end of my emotional swing, is the older generation.  G'mommy asked me AGAIN what she was wearing to the wedding.  She did have her hair done, fingernails painted.  She is forgetful, but she is as beautiful as ever!

Then in the middle of my swing, is my nearly 24 year old son, who is getting married today!  This is the kid who would ride his tricycle round and round the patio walkway in our km 5 house/Santa Cruz.  The one who would play GI Joe with Benjamin out in the large dirt pile in our km 6 house/Santa Cruz.  The one who would break his arm in middle school as he was "car surfing" in the GPBC parking lot.  And now...he is getting married!

Is it ok that I cry?
I'm the happiest
Mom
Grandmother
Daughter
and now... mother-in-law 

in the world.
 

3 comments:

  1. Great blog Judy, go ahead and cry!! It's not everyday you have that much going on. Tears of joy, sadness and frustration. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Judy, it's okay to cry! And God keeps track of those tears...whether of joy or sadness or some other kind!

    Congratulations to you!

    Cathlene Strong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your titles just keep growing Judy, and sounds like a wonderful day. All mom's cry so cry away. The picture you posted looks lovely I'm sure it was a joyeous occasion.
    Hi to the girls for me if they are still around. Enjoy the time with Ellen, Luke and David, maybe you will see that first step this week. Now wouldn't that be icing on the cake.
    Love ya, Carol

    ReplyDelete