Monday, March 02, 2009

The Keeper of the Spring

With over 400 other missionaries in attendance, we enjoyed the weekend at a 5 star Hotel in the historic city of Antigua. Bill Lawrence from Dallas was the guest speaker.

Volunteer teams from churches in PA, TX, AZ and OK helped with childcare, youth program, and music. There were "break out sessions" with topics ranging from Maya traditions, Computer Technology and Communication with your support base, Culture Shock and Guatemala safety briefings presented by US embassy workers.
Marimba Music
The church from PA provided free services to the missionaries, such as a nice clean hair cut. Other options were back messages, manicures and hand massages. Another church provided 2 professional counselors and set up an English Christian book table stocked with the latest Christian books, novels and CDs. Wow!
We enjoyed the hospitality of those serving us. I am grateful for the opportunity to be refreshed in the word of God. I'm thankful for those 50+ volunteers that gave up their weekend plans to minister to the missionary community. Thank you!

Yesterday's post - My Marimba music didn't transfer from my blog to my facebook, so if you are viewing this from my facebook account, go to my blog account to listen to some great music. My blog address is http://www.judyfrommoody.blogspot.com

Judy

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to be there, even for a while and to see you again.

    ReplyDelete