Thursday, October 13, 2016

Natalie and Immigration Office


On Monday we took Natalie to the Immigration office to get an extension, for another 90 day Visa. On our way to the immigration office we dropped off Steve and Elisa at the Guatemala City airport.


So, we had to drive downtown, find a safe place to park, walk 3 blocks to this cramped immigration building.  We climbed 2 flights of stairs, grabbed a number, 82 and waited...and waited!  We looked into the small over crowded room and the number on the monitor said 17.  That was 10:00am

 It's now 12:45pm  They just called 82.

In the meantime I am sitting up against the wall next to Eric. 
 Where are you from?  
Texas
Where?
Dallas
Where did you go to High School?
Lake Highlands

I immediately gave Eric a fist bump.

What class did you graduate in?
1981
Did you know my sister or brother?

Can you believe it?  I'm sitting in the small Immigration office waiting room, and I sit next to someone who went to the same schools that I did.  
Northlake Elementary, LHJHS and Lake Highlands.

Small World...Big Family

Eric has a fishing business down at the Pacific coast.  We exchanged our contact.  If I you ever want to go on a fishing adventure, deep sea fishing -  check out Big Buoy Fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment