Saturday, October 22, 2016

My 60th Birthday

I spent my 60th Birthday
 with my Mom.

We took her with us to the State Fair of Texas.  
Of course we enjoyed a corn dog and did the "people watching thing"

The best thing, Thursday, October 20,
 was Senior Citizen's Day
  
I especially loved enjoying the FREE benefit of now being a Senior!

Beautiful day - high in the lower 80's.

My mom kept saying "Well, 60 years ago today, Dad and I went to Baylor Hospital and the Doctor said, "Do you want to have this baby today?"  So, I said, "Yes."  I don't remember what we did with your brother, Rick.  My dad said earlier, "I just wanted to watch the SMU football game that Saturday afternoon."

Thank you all for the many Birthday wishes I received on Facebook.

  It is always fun to read the genuine birthday wishes from friends I've known, from elementary school, college friends and former co-workers in Bolivia all the way through to current co-workers with Camino Global.

I am blessed.

We later went to the famous "Reunion Tower" to observe the skyline.  This was where we got engaged 38 years ago.  

What a beautiful Dallas skyline.

We ended the day with a Birthday celebration dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse.

Thank you all for the Birthday greetings.  I am blessed.

60 Roses 
from Glenn in Guatemala -
 they are a lot cheaper in Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment