Wednesday, March 18, 2015

WPW - Disclaimer - Blog 10 of 11

[DISCLAIMER - For 6 weeks, Glenn and I traveled and I neglected my blog posting.  
Here is an attempt to post some updates.]
    After traveling 3,500 miles up to Indiana and Illinois and sleeping in 19 different beds and visiting with countless friends along the way, Glenn and I settled in Dallas for a week of World Passion Week at Northwest Bible Church.

    It is our honor and privilege to represent this wonderful church and to be able to participate in the WPW2015.  Missionaries from many countries returned to tell their "story".

    NBC mission states:

    Inviting people
     into the unexpected joy
     of desperate dependence 
    on Jesus.  

    Think about it.  These are great words to think about and invest our lives in.
    Many of the WPW mission activities were cancelled because of ice and snow in the Dallas area.

    43 years ago, I took my very first mission trip as a teenager with 10 other teens from NBC. We traveled to Mexico and Guatemala.  We worked at Wycliffe in Mexico City and then at the Seminary in Guatemala City.  It was here, here in Guatemala, where I got my missionary call.  Yes, that was when I was a young person attending Northwest Bible Church.  And now here, again, I was taking part in a mission focused week, where it all started. 

     Thank you, NBC, for your impact in my life, our lives and so many others across the borders!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment