Monday, March 16, 2015

Traveling with Emily - Disclaimer - Blog 8 of 11

[DISCLAIMER - For 6 weeks, Glenn and I traveled and I neglected my blog posting.  
Here is an attempt to post some updates.]

    On our road trip to return back to Texas, we had 2 year old Emily with us.  She was a trooper.  We did take our time and visited with several friends and family along the way.
    Bob and Carol E from Bolivia days.
    We had a nice 2 hour visit with Uncle Gary and Aunt Madison in Kansas City.
    Then a we made a quick visit to see long-time friend, Virginia, and her sister, Evie, in Kansas.
    Then we saw long time MBI friend, Jan and David in Oklahoma City. There were several other people we visited, however, I didn't have my camera with me.

    It took us 4 days to drive from Indianapolis, Indiana to Dallas, Texas as we made many stops along the way.  I did throw in some Letter-boxing adventures too. Imagine that!  See upcoming post.

    Emily was a great little traveler.  The first day, just as we were pulling off the interstate to have an impromptu meeting with the Evauls, little Emily threw up.  Bless her heart.  It was cold outside, and her car-seat was a mess.  Glenn cleaned the car-seat and I cleaned up Emily.  She did eat only crackers for her supper that evening.  Then 2 days later, as we were pulling off the interstate in Oklahoma, Emily vomited again.  Bless her heart. 

    Each night we would set up her pack-n-play and she would go fast asleep.  She is known for taking her socks off each night and stuffing them in the little front pocket of her Dora pillow.  She usually takes out her ponytails too.  She wakes up happy and pleasant each morning.  And just like her Grammie, she takes her afternoon naps well.  Her hair is so fine.  I would need to put it in ponytails each day, or rather several times a day.  I feel we have bonded with Emily now.  She just repeats anything you say.  So watch out.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment