Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stamping with my mom

Today, I got some basic stamps, glue, scissors, ink and ink pad out.

These are the hands that...

made peach preserves
spanked my bottom when I was little
drove the car taking me to school
fried chicken fried steak
rolled out pie crust
sewed "Daddy's girl" panties for both Ellen and Karen as baby
pottied trained all 3 of my kids
wrote me a snail mail every Monday morning while in college

and now as a relaxing task, mom and I made some Christmas cards.  I gave her step by step instructions as we colored, glued and cut out stuff for the cards.  It was a very relaxing task to do with her.  She smiled as we worked over an hour to make 9 cards.  It was so much fun.  I think we'll do it again.  I plan to have mom dictate and I'll address and write the note for her.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment