Friday, December 21, 2012

Final Touches on Christmas Cards

 G'mommy and I have been making some more Christmas cards.  It is a fun project that lets her work with her hands and we can visit at the same time too.  I was very impressed with her ability to use pencils and colors so neatly.
She would forget what we were doing, and I would gently remind her to color, or cut the stamped image out.
The last step to making the cards was that we came up with a list of 2 dozen folks she wants to send her home-made Christmas cards to.  I read out their addresses, and she painstakingly wrote out their addresses, chose the postage stamp for the envelope and then wrote a short note inside each card:

"Having a Wonderful time here in Guatemala with Judy and Glenn. 
 Waiting for Ellen and her family to arrive tonight from Nicaragua"
.....Love, John and Frances.

I really enjoyed spending these precious hours with mom up in my craft room this past week.  I relish the time I could spend with her alone.  

Thank you, Mom.
I love you!
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment