Tuesday, October 12, 2010

So Far.... {My Left Foot}

Disclaimer:  I wrote this blog 10 days ago, BEFORE I broke my left ankle
Sometimes I wish I could just "plod" along on our journey, like this Guatemalan flower cart. Slow and Easy.

  
We have been making use of every minute of our travels these past 6 weeks.  We feel blessed to have reconnected with those friends and family from Portland, Oregon down to Los Angeles, California.  Currently, we've taken a "big loop" from Texas through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, South and North Carolina, up to Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and on to North Dakota.
(North Dakota - my 50th state)
{see Sept 27 blog}
Then we went through South Dakota, Iowa and Nebraska. We are now in Colorado.

We have been blessed with warm beds, late night visits, special meals, and even have received packed picnic lunches to send us on our way.  So far, we've been in 32 beds* and have handed out 82 pounds of Guatemalan coffee.*including the hospital bed

I just wish we could spend more time in each home.  We love hearing how God is working in each ones' lives....yet we still need to continue traveling.  We are tired. 

We are grateful for a few days of rest here in Colorado with G'Mommy and G'Daddy.
I call it my Geritol trip.

Note our travel schedule:
Oct 2 - 9 Estes Park, Colorado
Oct 10 - 12 Lubbock Texas
Oct 14 - 19 Kansas City, MO and stops in between
Oct 20 - 30 West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando Florida and stops in between
Nov 1 - 6 Fredricksburg, San Antonio and Killeen, Texas and stops in between
Nov 7 - 17 Washington, DC area and Lancaster, PA
Let us know if you are anywhere near - maybe we can reconnect
 
Note:  I broke my left ankle while walking through Rocky Mountain National Park.  We're hoping to remain on schedule.  I'm most grateful for Glenn's patience with me.  Sometimes I feel like Lucy with Ethel as we negotiate with crutches, wheelchair and walker.

In closing please remember us in your prayers as we continue to visit with dear supporters and friends from years past and as we seek new opportunities to share our ministry of Pastoral Care in Guatemala. 

  We miss being in Guatemala RIGHT NOW as most recently, fellow missionary, Wayne, passed away, {see Oct 1 blog} and also Bob's elderly father died of Alzheimer this past week. 
~J

2 comments:

  1. Let us know when you are in the Dallas area! We'll have to get together with you and Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry we were out of the state when you cruised through our area! :( We would have LOVED to visit with you and hear all about your travels!
    Hope to see you soon! We're praying for perfect healing for your ankle Judy, and for safe travel everywhere you two go!
    God's blessings be with you!
    Todd and Lisa Floyd

    ReplyDelete