Friday, October 15, 2010

Casting Off and In Stitches

"Casting all your Cares on Him"

then came the stitches

Yes, my ankle is still swolen.  And yes, it hurts.

Ouch!
I have 5 more weeks with no pressure on my left ankle. 
Translation
Walker,
 wheelchair
Or 
Crutches
will be my choices for transportation.
This is my new Boot.  I can NOT put any pressure on the foot until I go back to the Doctor on November 18 for an evaluation.

We are continuing our travel schedule, however, it is just taking us a little bit longer to get anywhere because of operating in a wheelchair.  Glenn has remained my HERO as he tends to my needs.  We are getting tired and appreciate your prayers for us as we continue to share about our ministry in Guatemala.
~J

8 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you both! If you'd come home I'd give you my downstairs bedroom!
    Miss you, love you, long to see you!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an adventure! You always did like memorable moments, so this just fits your style (:
    Keep on truckin'(for Jesus)!
    Dan & Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. owee! We'll be praying for you as you travel along. I am sure your hero loves taking care of you--and you are creating many happy memories along the way. God is watching over you!
    love from Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only a missionary would give us such great views of the inside and outside of her ankle! HA! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike and Kay Libolt15 October, 2010 22:43

    We're so sorry, Judy! And of course Glen was your hero photographing the whole event for posterity and the internet. You make life so much more enjoyable for all of your friends. :)

    How in the world are you making room for a wheelchair in your vehicle? Godspeed with the rest of your travels and healing.

    Mike & Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. JUDY!! You are bionic now!! haha!! I totally expect you to start jumping over buildings!
    miss you friend! Heal fast!--Krista M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I know that we are to pray "In season and out" but now I feel that I've prayed in surgery, physical therapy and a clinic or two. May God speed your recovery and a quick return home full measure and patted down to boot! Blessings, Ben Bakker

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I did not know it was such a serious incident! I am so sorry, Judy. Does this mean "your endurance will have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing", that is the way I see it, my friend. :) From your blog, I can see it has not slowed you down a bit and that you are enjoying life as much as ever!! love you, Vickie

    ReplyDelete