Monday, September 14, 2009

My thoughts exactly

I haven't had any post recently on my blog. Several reasons. Running hard ~ and I wasn't able to "get ahead". Where did the summer months go? Besides, our normal Pastoral care job here in Guatemala, I can tell you. Glenn and I were preoccupied with my 4week "on-line" Biology course I was taking. Thanks Glenn for your help. It was tough, but I learned a lot. Ended up making a B in the course.

Prior to that, Glenn and I took an "on-line" Developmental Psychology course. Very helpful and useful in our day to day life of understanding people and problems. Something we will definitely use in our ministry.

Since I am a "sprinter", I seem to blossom when it comes to on-line course. With the self-pace structure style, this "one-line" stuff is ideal for me.

I needed to take a 3 hour elective for my "degree completion" program. I just didn't want to take anything. So, I signed up for a Business computer science course. I am thoroughly enjoying it. Ask my mom and Gary, I've used some new techniques in Microsoft Word when I write my weekly snail mail letters to them. The course is over Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Should be fun. I am glad I'm learning to learn and not learning to make the grade.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment