Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Anniversary Engagement Number 30


Recently Glenn and I celebrated our 30th Engagement Anniversary. Yes, Sept 8, 1979. Glenn proposed to me, or rather my dad proposed. Read more!

History - Glenn had spent the entire day with my dad painting the house. I spent much of the day with my mom shopping. We had plans to attend a wedding, then Glenn wanted to take me out for dinner since we were all dressed up for the wedding.

Glenn talked with Dad seeking his blessing and his advice about his intent to propose to me that day. Dad was thrilled but commented that it would be good for Mom to know about the engagement. However, Glenn never was able to visit with Mom since we were busy all day running errands and shopping.

The 4 of us headed off to the church service (same church Karen and Thomas were married in). After the wedding, the congregation watched the wedding portraits being taken.

After the pictures, as we were leaving the sanctuary, my dad walks up to me, gives me a big bear hug and says "Congratulations, Judy!" The only things is that Glenn hadn't yet proposed to me. I smiled. Glenn knew what had just happened. Dad was embarrassed about his 'slip'. As we walked back to the house in the alley after the reception, Glenn proposed to me, and then again in the revolving restaurant that night over dinner.

Glenn made the engagement official as we ate dinner at the Reunion Tower Restaurant. Happy 30th Engagement Anniversary - story.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment