Tuesday, November 25, 2008

24 hour layover

Jeff is really into this telescope. He gets out at night and looks up at the stars. I was really impressed with his enthusiasm and knowledge of the heavens. My favorite was the 2 clusters of stars. Beautiful.


Jeff and Kathy have been long time friends since 1987. We served together in Bolivia for many years. We took our annual Thanksgiving weekend together as families. We took our kids with us on vacation to Sucre and Potosi, Bolivia in 1990. Jeff said I couldn't climb summer team mountain, and I proved him wrong! We even explored Chile with the Boerckels back in 1994. Who could forget the fun times in the white water rapids, 48+hr bus ride and fishing on that trip? While Jeff was our FD back in the 90's, he encouraged us to fulfill our passions - which was to minister to the local mission body, to make sure their physical and spiritual needs were met. We have appreciated Jeff's godly influence on our families' lives. Jeff knows how to work hard and then he knows how to play hard too. Thank you Jeff for being our family hero.

Kathy is the Spanish teacher at a local Christian school near West Palm Beach, Florida. Kathy gave me the "Carrot Casserole" recipe which I ritually make each holiday season. However, my kids don't like it, so I've tried renaming it the "Harvest Casserole". Just renaming it doesn't help the kids like it though. :(
We met up with Tina Jones, who use to work at the SAM office. Tina is a good friend.

More Later,

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment