Monday, October 16, 2006


Sunday, Oct 15 Traveling from Guatemala City to Xela

Yesterday, I joined the WMBI folks at the Hotel Quinta Real and headed out on 2 minibuses, 2 vans and 2 loaded pickup trucks full of luggage to Xela. We stopped at Paulinas for lunch. And guess who we ran into? Clyde and Edith Murphy along with daughter Judy were there to celebrate her birthday. I immediately introduced them to Roger, since the Murphy family has a long Moody history. Roger interview Clyde right there on the spot. They'll play that interview later on the radio. We then headed on to Quarto Caminos. At this quick rest stop, some of the folks were purchasing Magnum icecream bars (our family favorite from Bolivian days). I told one couple, if they could eat it without the chocolate falling off, I would buy them another one. Everyone seemed to love the icecream. We pulled into the Bonifaz hotel, situated right on the plaza. This small town reminds me of Sucre, Bolivia. Small narrow one way streets and colonial buildings. We had dinner and learned a Spanish song to share with the kids in the following days. Group #2 invited me to join them and help with the VBS and crafts at each orphanage. My roommate is Cherrie from Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment