Monday, October 30, 2006

My Biggest Surprise
After returning back to the hotel, I called Glenn to see where he was. He said he was stuck in traffic. I believed him. I had no reason not to believe him. 15 minutes later, he and Gary walked into the lobby of the hotel. We were visiting with the Julene and Mike and others there.

This was when Ellen walked right there in front of me. It was just like the same scream I had with Michael Easley being announced as president. I couldn’t’ believe it. I kept hugging onto Ellen, not believing she was there. Unbelievable. Best surprise in a LONG time. I had no idea. And no hints either! Great job, Ellen.

Ellen left Thursday morning at 2:30am from Managua, Nicaragua and arrived at King Quality bus station (just down the hill from the hotel) at around 7pm. She was running 2 hours late, but that was ok, because we were also running late.

Ellen spent 2 days with us for my 50th Birthday. Best present ever. She had been emailing Gary several days before and since I was out of town the first of the week, it was very easy for them to communicate and for me not to suspect anything. Our time with Ellen went by quickly. But I loved every minute of it. Thanks Ellen.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job, Judy, on the blog.

    Way to go, Ellen! Thanks for coming to Guatemala for your mother's b-day.

    Wonderful pictures and experiences.

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete