Monday, October 19, 2015

Cemetery and Dallas Cowboys

I don't think there is any direct connection between looking up cemeteries and the Dallas Cowboys, but there could be.  

We were at both places on the same day.

We drove my parents and Aunt Hattie "Down Home" to several cemeteries, walked down memory lane and enjoyed recounting the family heritage that we have.



Interestingly enough, we were visiting at the Leesburg, Texas cemetery
 on Oct 10, 2015
...exactly 73 years after my great grandmother died.  


Next stop was Pleasant Grove cemetery.


My great grand parent's grave



My grandparents (my mom's parents).

My parents showing us their burial spot and location.


After a picnic lunch, we stopped at a 3rd cemetery outside of Gilmer and saw where my Aunt Sue is buried.  She also went by the name of Poochie.


Later that afternoon, we drove Aunt Hattie to Arlington to the Cowboy Stadium. This was our first visit to the AT&T Stadium in Arlington.  Aunt Hattie's grand daughter runs the Redzone Game events.  It was a special time to walk through a self guided tour of the stadium.  We watched little kids play, small girls cheer and families smile as they walked on the astro-turf to the center Dallas Cowboy star and families take prize photos.

My eyes were drawn to the 5 Super Bowl Championship banners proudly hanging overhead.  

Those were the days!

The jumbo-tron  was H U G E.
Check out their website.  RedZoneUSA



Thank you, Melissa, for giving us the opportunity to bring Aunt Hattie out to the stadium, and also to go on the self guided tour.  Y'all do a wonderful job with RedZoneUSA  
Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment