Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Blue Bell, Memorial Day and No Internet


Just another day here in Guatemala, however we pause to say "thanks" to those who served and serve in the military for the US.  Thank you!!!

Now if I knew where I could buy some Blue Blue Ice Cream, then my holiday would be complete.

Stars And Stripes Forever


- John Philip Sousa
Hurrah for the flag of the free!
May it wave as our standard forever,
The gem of the land and the sea,
The banner of the right.

Let despots remember the day
When our fathers with mighty endeavor
Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
That by their might and by their right
It waves forever.


I was going to post this on Memorial Day,
 but our internet went out and we were without
 emails, blogs, google, Facebook 
for a whole 24 hours +.
Not COMPLAINING, as it was a nice break.  
I was able to work on some "non-computer" projects such as clearing off my desk and making some more stamped cards.
~J

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Scott Boerkel sent me a link to your blog and I just want to let you know how much I sympathize with you regarding the lack of availability of Blue Bell Ice Cream, the world's finest!! Illinois seems to be the hole in the Midwest market! Thanks for serving the Lord in Guatemala!

    ReplyDelete