Friday, May 16, 2014

A Day spent at Moody


Over the weekend, I met up with Ellen and Emily from Nicaragua and we had a quick pre-Mother's Day visit prior to Billie Sue Thompson's Memorial Service.  We stayed with ClarLyn, but we never were able to visit with her, face to face.  We got in late the first night and then were in bed when they returned from their evening dinner. Thanks ClarLyn for a nice place to stay!  

We had a great One Day visit at Moody.
We had a tour of the new Moody Central, where the renovated 2nd floor Culbertson is changed to meet all the needs of the students. There are offices such as accounting, Practical Christian Ministry, etc.


It's been 39 years since I first stepped onto the plaza to begin my freshman year in Chicago back in 1975.  My heart was flooded with dear memories as I thought of the life-time friends that I made and the tough Bible classes that I took.

 Little Emily found the DL Moody Museum where her great grandparents were married in 1951 when it was Massey Chapel!
It was great that Ellen ran into one of her favorite professors, Mr. Clark.
Ellen treated me to deep dish pizza at Ginos!  I packaged it up, and brought some slices to Glenn several days later.  Thank you, Ellen for treating me to my favorite pizza.
Ellen connected with an old friend, Lisa.
 
In Summary, I enjoyed 
  • a beautiful 80 degree weather on Moody campus
  • looking up our missionary name in the back of Torrey Gray auditorium
  • checking in at the Alumni Office
  • getting a personal tour of the new Moody Central
  • Gino East Pizza - 'nough said
  • watching Emily play in the Moody plaza
  • drinking a cup of Ice Tea at Joe's (2nd floor ASC)
  • wandering through the Moody book store
  •  enjoying Ellen walk down memory lane



Ellen, thank you for the great pre-Mother's Day weekend in Chicago!

God bless the School that
DL Moody 
founded!

(tomorrow's post will be about the Memorial service for Billie Sue)

No comments:

Post a Comment