Monday, March 24, 2014

Lake Highlands High School 50 Year Celebration




On Sunday, March 23, my high-school, LHHS, celebrated their 50th Anniversary - the first graduating class was 1964.  The community was invited to celebrate and walk down memory lane.  The school halls were opened, former teachers assembled in class rooms and there were many yearbooks, class photos and memorabilia to look through. 

 The Highlandettes Preformed


The Ranglers Danced

 The Marching Band Played


Jimmy Fountain, Principal
I had my mom with me and she was just like a magnet to people.  Old friends would recognize her before they would recognize me.  By the way, Mom and Jimmy went to grade school together in East Texas.
I found this plaque on the back of the auditorium

and we ran into a friend of mine from HS and church, 
Prissy, known as Sidney Jean

Back in Time
read here some articles about LH community


No comments:

Post a Comment