Saturday, January 18, 2014

5 Things I've Learned in 34 Years


I knew it was something special when Glenn asked me out for our 3rd date, back in 1979.  I had never gotten past the 2nd date with other guys. As I think about it, I guess that was a good thing.


5 Things I have learned during these past 34 years.

The first years were the hardest. We were adjusting as a new family.  I remember wondering why Glenn couldn't read my mind.  I remember feeling frustrating when Glenn couldn't understand me.

Having children made me complete. I enjoyed being a full-time missionary mother.  I loved how our children were a part of our ministry.

Communication is important.  Once we talk things through, and speak with our hearts, then hard choices and difficult circumstances become easier.

Let each preform within their own strengths - For instance, Glenn does the finances, and I do the navigation.  Glenn is good with numbers (I'm not) and I have a better sense of direction. It just works best this way.

Grand-parenting is the best.  Enough said.




Happy Anniversary, Honey.
 January 19, 1980

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and many happy and blessed returns of this day!! It's wonderful to hear of couples honoring the Lord in their marriages! We have made it to 56 so far:-) Much Love from Mary and Bill

    ReplyDelete