Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Worship Service at over 11,000 Feet

So, we take the free Shuttle service from Frisco, and traveled over to Copper Mountain Ski Resort with Ellen and Luke along with their 2 kids and picnic lunch in tow.  I had called ahead to Copper Mountain Community Church and found out about a worship service up on top of the mountain.  We just took the chair lift up.


The Chair Lift!

We decided that the guys would get on one chair and the girls go first.  The operators slow the chair lift down so we could gently slide into the seats.  And off we go. Ellen had baby Emily strapped onto her chest. We climbed 1,000 feet in elevation.  From the very beginning, Ellen and I were terrified.  Let me say that again.  Terrified.  The chair lift operator did not slide the bar down over our heads and Ellen and I were completely frozen and scared silly.  I was in tears. My feet were dangling down. 

I did not take one single picture as we took the terrifying 15 minute ride up on an open chair lift.  Ellen and I were talking about anything and everything to keep our minds and eyes from wondering down to the tall pine trees below us.  I had never been more terrified in my entire life.  That was scarier than Summer Team Mountain in Bolivia or climbing Huayna Picchu in Peru.

As we got off the chair, knees shaking, the operator at the top said "oh, you could have pulled the bar down!"  Hello.

The Worship service in the winter time is held under this pavilion, but during the summer months, it is held out in the beautiful sunshine.


We had a short sermon and had some prayer requests.  Ellen volunteered and lead the singing.  Yes, we sang "Go tell it on the Mountain".


After the church service, we had a simple picnic lunch in the Ski Lodge.  Ellen and Luke decided to hike down the trail while Glenn and I had both of the kids and took the chair lift down and this time we pulled down the bar.  It was a much more comfortable ride.

~J




No comments:

Post a Comment