Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fathers and GrandFathers

 {photo taken June - 2013}


Glenn is my favorite father and grandfather
DadMarr is my favorite father, grandfather and great-grandfather

Nearly 2 years ago, Glenn became GrandDad for the first time.  My father, is now a Great Grandfather to both David and Emily, besides the 4 great grandson's from Rick and Beverly.

Nearly 31 years ago, Glenn became a father for the first time.  He took time to teach each of our kids how to do stuff, like ride a bicycle, type, and drive a standard shift Toyota Hi-lux.  He taught them how to play guitar, Morse code and how to wash dishes.  He had Gary helping him change tires and work on cars when he was only 2 years old.


 Now I see him in the "grandfather role", teaching David how to kick a soccer ball, shooting hoops with David, teaching him new words and pointing out small bugs that crawl on the floor. I love watching you interact and teach David new words, songs and interesting and useless facts.



Thank you Glenn, for your unconditional love, interest and commitment to our 3 adult children and now to our 2 little grandchildren.    

 I love you more today than 33 years ago!

Happy Father's Day to Glenn and to my Dad!

1 comment: