Thursday, January 31, 2013

SETECA

SETECA (Seminario Teológico Centroamericano), known in English as CATS (Central American Theological Seminary), is installing a new rector (president).

 Carlos López will be officially taking on his new position of leadership on February 1st during the installation service.
 When I think of SETECA, I immediately think of great schools like Moody Bible Institute or Dallas Seminary.  SETECA is that well known in Latin America and has served it's student body which comes from around the globe.  They come from such places as El Salvador, Mexico, Argentina, US, Spain and even Bolivia.
 The Seminary holds a special place in my heart.  Although I am not a student or even an alumni of this great school, it was back in 1972 when I traveled here to Guatemala on a high school work team and we painted dorm rooms, moved books from the old library to the new library and rubbed shoulders with the students and the missionaries.
 It was here that I got my missionary calling.  It gives me great joy to think that I am back living and serving in Guatemala, where it all started.  I am blessed.

Please pray for Carlos and his administration. Pray for the students as they prepare for ministry, for many as they receive their call to worldwide missionary service.

1 comment: