Saturday, January 28, 2012

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

So, I'm encouraged recently, as Glenn and I have been walking each morning.  I like to walk very early in the morning to start off my day.  We're usually walking before dawn. Thursday morning  Glenn left early to take Dan so he could catch a ride down to SETECA with Fran. So I told Glenn I would go ahead and start our morning walk without him.

Then it happened.  My right foot slipped and twisted on a small stone.  I fell to my hands and knees.  I cried because Glenn wasn't there to help me up.  I hobbled back home to wait for Glenn to return.

 Glenn took me to the doctor for x-rays.

 Mind you, these are old machines.  During one x-ray, the technician had Glenn push the button, while he held my ankle in the correct position.
Diagnosis:  Fractured right ankle bone
Remedy:  Stay off my foot for 2 - 3 weeks
Wear my boot, get plenty of rest and take some medications.

I'm thankful it wasn't as serious as my last break, which was my left foot.
~J

1 comment: