Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Coffee Production

Somehow a Coffee tree started growing in our front yard.  I understand that each coffee tree produces 1 pound of coffee per year.
The coffee beans are "Red" at this stage is called "Uvas" which means "Grapes" in Spanish.  
They kinda look like grapes, don't they?
So, I've asked Juana, to take care of the processing of this coffee tree.
STEP 1:  Juana picks the beans.
STEP 2:  Then its time to peal the skin off and wash the coffee beans.
STEP 3: Coffee beans dry out.  This takes 10 - 14 days.
I'll post again in a few weeks when we start up the next process of the coffee.

~J
PS  We've "bean" putting the cookie sheet of coffee beans out on the patio in the morning and back patio in the evening to dry with the direct hit of the sun.

1 comment:

  1. What! How did I miss seeing that coffee plant? What are you going to name your name company? Juana does not look to happy with the new job she now has!

    ReplyDelete