Wednesday, March 09, 2011

A Leg Up

Many have asked how I'm doing since my broken ankle accident in Colorado back in October.  It has been a long road to recovery, however, I'm thankful for
  • excellent care and operation at EPMC
  • patience of my loving husband who waited on me hand and FOOT
  • flexibility from friends who helped us as we traveled with a wheelchair


I must say it is very challenging to maneuver the uneven sidewalks here in Guatemala and sometimes I feel the altitude affects my ankle.  The ankle still swells during the day and it hurts to walk on stairs. I understand it will take months for my ankle to completely heal and I feel more and more encouraged as I begin to walk without a cane here in Guatemala.  I long for the day when I can freely walk about without thinking about my ankle.

Again, thanks for those of you who have expressed concern for me.  Continue to pray for my full recovery.



~J

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it does sound like it's been tough Judy. I can say that I feel your pain as I just recently blew my knee out. I will be in prayer for you & your comfort, I realize how NAGGING the pain can be especially at the end of the day. :(

    Neil Kreck

    ReplyDelete