Monday, September 13, 2010

Practical Missionary Training aka PMT

Jane and her family
37 years ago, in 1977, I traveled with 50 college age students, along with 3 Team Leaders and their families through Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras.
  Practical Missionary Training.
   It was the best experience of my life.  You know I like to travel and love missions. So you mix that with other college age students and you have 1 satisfied Judy.
  • 2 day train experience from El Paso, Texas to Mexico City
  • 2 weeks experience in WBT Jungle Camp in Southern Mexico
  • 2 weeks living in the home of a real-live missionary {thanks Harold and Carol for feeding me Rabbit Pot Pie}
  • learning from missionaries in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador
  • peanut butter and raisin sandwiches
  • raising support, writing letters and keeping a journal
 Mary and Ken
In summary, I reconnected with Jane, who was on my PMT team.  Jane brought her old  slide carousel trays and shows us her Kodak photos.  Along with Royers and her family, we laughed and laughed.  

It was funny seeing photos of me wearing dresses in Jungle Camp.

The next day we got to visit my friends, Geri and Lois.  Geri was my prayer partner on PMT.  She taught me grace and patience.  A dear friend.
 Lois and Geri
~J

1 comment: