Saturday, September 18, 2010

JAARS

While visiting JAARS center (Jungle Aviation and Radio Service), we got to meet several old time friends.

Lori looks just like her Mom.  Over 37 years ago, I stayed with Lori's parents in Honduras.  We have kept up over the years and now Lori and her family of 4 kids are serving with JAARS in Indonesia.  It was good to reconnect with Lori after so many years.

  Lori reminded me of the time when Glenn and I flew down with 1 year old Ellen to Honduras {back in my Delta privilege days} for a short visit and she named her new baby doll "Ellen" after our daughter. 

I had completely forgotten about that short story! 

But the story I will never forget....

about the time when Lori's mom fed me "Pot-pie" and I was thinking it was 
Chicken
all through the meal, but at the end of the dinner time, Carol told me it was their pet - Rabbit Pot Pie

Never will I forget that story.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment