Sunday, May 11, 2008



In the midst of planning the Annual CAM/Guatemala Field Conference in March, hosting a number of overnight guests and meals in our home, doing our basic Pastoral Ccare job, Glenn and I were able to creatively make Karen and Thomas' wedding invitations. They are being sent out this week (just before the postage increase over the weekend).




Glenn was very helpful in this project. While in the states in February, we made numerous trips to Office Depot to have some printing and cutting done. Glenn measured and remeasured the cards. He wanted them to be layed out just perfectly. Before we returned to Guatemala, I took the project out to E. Texas, and Ellen and PJ helped with some of the cutting and glueing. Little did I realize how huge the project would be, but it was worth it.



Several times we formed an assembly line and Glenn would have the silver paper cut, hand it to me to glue it on to the blue card stock, then I would hand it back to him, so he could fold it. I would then hand stamp each card and pour the embossing powder onto the wet ink and then use my hot heat gun to "fuse" the silver embossing. We had a few snags along the way. My heat gun literally melted so I had to buy a new gun. Also, I ran out of glue and had to get more from the states.

Imagine us with this assembly line in front of the TV watching the evening news. By the end of the 10 day project, I did not want to STAMP ever. That temporarily wore off in time.:)

My hands were worn from pressing down on the paper and getting the ink to stick. Each invitation is slightly different, like snow flakes. I used 4 different photos, most in black & white and some in color. Back in February, while up at Moody, we took several photos of Karen and Thomas together. I basically used most every type of stamping card method (wet embossing, dry embossing, brad, velum paper, photo, layering, etc).



I helped Karen out by addressing the envelopes. Glenn helped me with the printer and font and I think the job turned out very well. Just getting the names and addresses down was a huge task in itself.


Blessings,
Judy
new email address judystewart@caminternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment