Wednesday, March 06, 2019

You Put Your Left Foot In and You Shake it All Around


Two weeks ago, as I was walking down the stairs in the house, I fell from the bottom two steps landing on my stomach, narrowly avoiding smacking my face.  Fortunately I didn't scrape up my hands or face, however, I landed like a frog, all sprawled out on the floor.  Not a pretty sight.

Glenn took me to the local clinic and the verdict was: 
A sprained left ankle and a sprained right knee. 
 Again, not a pretty sight but we are thankful nothing was broken.

Prescription:  2 weeks in my boot (using the boot from my 2010 broken ankle adventure), plus rest for 2 weeks and have the foot and knee elevated as much as possible.

Ironically, Glenn and I were just leaving the house to go out for our morning walk through the neighborhood.  Oh well, no morning walks for awhile.



UPDATE:
Dr. Hamm was here for a 3 day visit with Natalie, and he suggested that I not use the boot any more.  He also gave me some valuable therapy lessons to do. Thank you Dr. Hamm!



Psalm 34:19-21 New International Version (NIV)


The righteous person may have many troubles,

    but the Lord delivers him from them all;
 
he protects all his bones,
    not one of them will be broken.

Evil will slay the wicked;

    the foes of the righteous will be condemned.

No comments:

Post a Comment