Thursday, December 15, 2016

Grand Children Growing




While in the rocking chair, I would sing these words to each of my children.  I loved holding them.  I loved rocking them to sleep.
I love you Lord
and I lift my voice
to worship you
O my soul, rejoice

Take joy my King
in what you hear
let it be a sweet, sweet sound
in your ear.
Now, I sing these same words to my grandchildren.  When I hold them and sing these words, it takes me back to when I would sing to Ellen, Karen or Gary.

Now I am excited to be able to sing them to David, Emily, Lucy and ?  

Yes,
grandchild number 4 will be arriving on or around April 2, 2017


We received the news in a rather unconventional way.  Sitting around the dinning room table at Luke and Ellen's apartment 3 months ago, 3 and half year old, Emily prayed for the meal saying "Dear Jesus, thank you for this food and for the baby in mommy's tummy.  Amen." 

  (I
t was actually David who said "Dad, can we tell Grammie and GrandDad the secret about the new baby yet?" as David and Luke were in David's room unpacking, with GrandDad, just before supper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment