Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Zika Virus


Our friend, Juana, came to work on Saturday.  She mentioned to us that the Zika virus was in her town of Palín.  She also told us that she has been fighting it.  She mentioned that she has suffered fever, red eyes and nausea.

I quickly went to the internet to read more about this evil virus called Zika.  Yes, it mentioned all the symptoms Juana was experiencing.

I read about the Symptons, Diagnosis and Treatment, especially the Treatment.  There is no vaccine like the vaccine I took as a child for Polio.  However there were some things to treat Zika.  Juana was doing all the proscribed treatment such as resting, drinking lots of water and taking Tylenol (not aspirin).

I'm thinking, how can Juana get this Zika virus?  Juana lives 45 minutes down the mountain toward the Pacific coast, where the climate is hotter and it is infected with mosquitoes.  It made sense that Zika has hit Guatemala, in the lower tropical areas.

Click here to read about Juana as she helped us with our coffee tree in the front yard.

Pray for Juana as he recovers from Zika.  Pray for the other family members who suffer with Zika.

Psalms 103
Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,

1 comment: