Saturday, August 08, 2015

Mexican Casserole


An all time Stewart family favorite is a recipe from my mom (Frances Marr).

INGREDIENTS
12 Tortillas
1.5 pound of ground beef
1 onion chopped
3 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 large can of Ranch Style Beans
1 pound of chopped Velveeta Cheese
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Ro-tel

Preparation - Preheat over to 350 degrees

Take 6 Tortillas and butter the bottom, and place face down on the 9x13 pan.

Brown the ground beef and onions.  Add Chili Powder.  Drain fat.
Pour of the lined tortillas.  Pour Ranch Style Beans on top.
Chop the Velveeta Cheese and place on top of the Beans.
Add remaining 6 tortillas and place on top of the Velveeta Cheese.
Mix Cream of Chicken Soup with 1 can of Ro-tel.
Pour on top.

Cook for 45 min - 1 hour.  Serve with salad and chips plus salsa.




I get asked for this recipe all the time, so I thought I would post it on my blog.  Then I have access to this delicious dish all the time. 

We would make this recipe for Christmas dinner, Thanksgiving and even special birthday celebrations.  Fast and easy to prepare.  It is a hit every-time.  It is a standard request that I make each time we visit Ellen and Luke in Nicaragua.  Can't live without my Tex-Mex fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment