Tuesday, August 19, 2014

In the Kitchen

For the past several days, we have been with my parents.  Mom doesn't cook any more.  So, I spent several full days in the kitchen, preparing, baking, and then freezing dinners for mom and dad to pull out later.

And then Glenn and I would serve their dinner to them while we watch Bill O'Reilley.
Earlier in the week, Glenn and I took my mom over to visit with her BFF.
Her BFF is Lucille T.  
They have known each other for over 65 years.  
Lucille will be 97 in November.
Lucille talked about her husband.
  They were married 69 years.  He passed away 4 years ago.  
As she talked about him, she said,
 
"You know, when I get lonely, I just pull out these letters that Gene wrote to me when he was in World War 2 fighting over in Burma, India and China."  

She had several letters right there by her open Bible.  I asked to read 2 of them.  

The post mark read March 23, 1945.  Mr Tilley would describe how much he missed his sweetheart and how he was so proud of her.  He also described the culture of the Chinese people and how poor they were. 

I am thankful for my mom's BFF - Lucille!


No comments:

Post a Comment