Monday, June 23, 2014

A Trek Between Casa Del Mundo and Santa Cruz la Laguna



 Map
Check
20 minute Boat Ride to Casa Del Mundo
Check
One of the most beautiful lakes in the world
Check
French Toast
Fruit Smoothie
Check Check
 

 Another map
Directions along the way
Check Check
 Getting passed along the trail
Check
Stopping to enjoy the view
Check
More Signs along the way
Check
Stopping again to enjoy the view
Check
An hour later arriving at Santa Cruz la Laguna
Check!

I've had a desire to walk between Casa Del Mundo and the village of Santa Cruz la Laguna for some time now, but it was never the right time.  Normally, we have a team of folks with us who have an agenda to get back to Panajachel so we can either go zip-lining, to Nancy's place in San Antonio Palopó or CrossRoads Coffee Shop, etc.  Today was the day, along with round-the-world travelers, Margaret and Josh. Today was the day that we decided to take this walk on the trail, over several wash-outs, and down the slopes through the corn fields to the small village of Santa Cruz la Laguna.  

Hiking the trail reminded me...

  •  of my personal challenge of Summer Team Mountain in Bolivia with team leader Jeff Orcutt, where I mastered this mountain at kilometer 100, Carretera Cochabama. 
  •  of climbing with Glenn and Ellen at Machu Picchu in Peru to the top of Huyaana Picchu (scariest trail I've ever been on). 
  •  of team work, where Josh, Glenn and even Margaret helped me with encouragement and hand holds as I climbed steep parts of the trail.
I have checked this activity off of my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment