Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Be STILL and KNOW


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10



How do you remain calm?  How do you attack a week that is going to be pretty hectic from all view points? 

Looking at our calendar for this upcoming week, our plate is FULL.  We are coordinating our upcoming annual Conference here in the city.  We're excited about the 17 friends from the states who are coming down to help with music, children's programs, speaking and counseling.  So my heart is "skipping a beat" thinking of the last minute stuff we are doing these next few days, such as assembling gift bags, purchasing of drinking water and snacks, organizing welcome bags, finalizing the conference details plus making sure everything is ready. 

After the conference 15 of our friends will spend 2 days with us out at Lake Atitlán as we'll give them a mission exposure to the area.

But, we are being challenged.  While backing out of the PriceSmart parking lot, we had a little fender bender.  Then Glenn needs to go to the dentist this week to take care of a broken tooth.  You get the picture.  We have a challenging and busy schedule. We have to be Flexible.  We are learning to be flexible as obstacles and challenges come our way.  Ugh!  There are last minutes changes.

I came across this verse several weeks ago, so I'm going to "claim it for me!" I'll keep saying "Be Still and Know".  


Just today, we had 2 Tarwater boys come over and help us assemble the Welcome Bags!  What a great help!!  I'm still claiming the words "Be Still and Know!"

Will you pray with us?
  • That the last minute details will work out uneventfully
  • That Glenn can have the dentist get his tooth repaired
  • That the Camino missionary families would be blessed, encouraged, refreshed and rested.
I am still claiming this....
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10


~J

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys!! I know first hand the Wonderful ministry you guys have there in Guatemala. May the Lord bless you and give you peace and maybe a little time to take it all in......during the next few weeks. Wish we were at the Lake so you could come see us!!! Missing you guys.

    ReplyDelete