Saturday, December 14, 2013

Holiday Plans Iced - Dec 2013



Proverbs 16:9

The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.


I flew up early so I could spend some good quality time with my mom.  I had tickets for the LH Tour of Homes and a luncheon on Friday, followed by a Ladies' Christmas luncheon on Saturday at Northwest Bible Church.

All events were cancelled! Ice and cold weather!!  Schools were closed, programs were cancelled and even the famous Dallas Marathon was cancelled.  Hardly anyone was traveling on the solid sheets of think ice that blanketed the Metroplex.  Many homes lost power, but thankfully we did not.  There were broken tree limbs that fell throughout the night. 

I made Taco Soup to warm up our bones.  We watched the news and on Saturday Dad, mom and I watched non-stop College Football.

I'm glad I could still spend time with my mom, even though we did not get everything done that was on my calendar.


No comments:

Post a Comment