Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Follow-Up-Date - Glenn's Progress/Plans


Glenn spent 4 days in ICU after experiencing a heart attack on Monday night/Tuesday morning during the Nicaragua Independence Day Holiday weekend, September 16/17.



I was impressed with the excellent health care Glenn received at Metropolitiano Vivian Pellas Hospital here. Dr. Socorro (pictured above) took great care of Glenn.  She explained the charts, the numbers, the graphs and answered all of our questions.




Baby Emily hospital visit

David with GrandDad

We'll be staying in a local hotel for a few days until Glenn is more rested and able to take a 1 hour flight back home to Guatemala.  Glenn has contacted a cardiologist in Guatemala City for follow-up treatments and checks, first thing Friday afternoon.  The Doctor ordered Glenn to not do any lifting or strenuous stuff - hmmmmm-yeah, right?!,

I've been claiming promises  from Psalms 121

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

We have been blessed beyond measure.  We have received emails from all over the world from folks who are praying for us.  At times, I feel overwhelmed when I realize that the Lord could have called Glenn home. The gravity of Glenn's heart attack is very sobering and I can only Praise the Lord. 

 Will you continue to pray with us during these stressful and emotional days?  Will you pray for God's leading as we make the best possible plans for follow up?  Will you pray for complete healing for Glenn's heart?

~J





No comments:

Post a Comment