Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Life is Too Short


Yesterday, we received the sad news that Abel had passed away. The comforting thought is that he went home to be with his Lord.  In today's terminology, I would say, "He got a Fast Pass to Heaven".  He had been sick for some time.  When I receive news like this, it makes me stop and think about how life is so fragile and short.  It makes me appreciate each moment, each breath I take.  Abel will be missed by the missionary community here in Guatemala many worldwide.  He was dearly loved. 

Over the weekend, I noticed on FB, that a Junior High and High School friend, only 56 years old, passed away.

Robin had been fighting brain cancer.  Abel had liver complications.  Both are not fighting any more.  They are in a better place. To be absent from the body is to present with the Lord.

Life is Short. 

1 comment:

  1. Our life on earth is so very short.

    Our 6 year old son Noah was going down hill on his bike this weekend and couldn't make a turn on the path. He went right into a concrete wall. Praise God he is going to be fine after 11 stitches, but my mama heart saw his little life and ours as so fragile after that!

    I'm so thankful Abel was loved by many and will be so missed, but even more thankful he is seeing Jesus this very day.

    ReplyDelete