Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Garbage Pick Up

Glenn and I get up most mornings to walk
 around
 around
 around
and ... around
in our small neighborhood.
  

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday the garbage collectors come inside the gate. 

 The garbage truck stays outside the neighborhood.  2 men carry plastic sheets with them.  They go door to door to collect the items.  As they throw the trash into the plastic sheets to haul the trash away, they go through it themselves to check for valuables.

Often we will put out an extra bag with oranges, bread and other food items for the workers.

I realize that in Dallas, where my parents live, they only have garbage pick up once a week.  And here I live in a 3rd world culture and I have the luxury of having trash pick up 3 times a week.
Then there is another guy who walks around the neighborhood (a nicely dressed man) who collects our monthly payment.  No, it is not included in our water or housing bills.  And no, we cannot pay for it on line either.  How would you like to have a bill collector knock on your door at 6:30 in the morning?
Then they load the garbage in the truck.  3 times a week.

After working on this blog, Glenn reminded me of the Max Lucado video
 "Give it all to Him".
My dad was one of the main actors in this small video.
Click here to view it.

No comments:

Post a Comment