Friday, September 07, 2012

In Stitches



On Tuesday, Glenn went into surgery to remove the "fatty tissue" that has been growing on his back right shoulder.  At first it didn't seem to bother him.  However over the years, it has grown larger and larger to the size of a tennis ball.  To me, it looked like the size of a chicken breast.

After consulting with 3 doctors in the US and 1 doctor in Antigua and another doctor here in Guatemala City, we decided to go ahead with the operation. 

Since I don't like to drive here in Guatemala, Glenn had Bob H. drop him off at the hospital.  Surgery was set for 7:00pm.  By 10:30pm, Glenn was back in his room and on his computer SKYPING me.  He was "in and out".  The surgery went as planned.

The following afternoon, John C. picked up Glenn and brought him home.  The first day home, Glenn slept most of the day.  He seemed to be drowsy and not too comfortable.

Now, I am playing "Florence Nightingale".  There are 2 incisions.  One to cut out the fatty tissue, and the other to drain it.  I don't like the sight of blood.  I've always had a weak stomach.  But I changed the dressing yesterday and to my amature eye, it looks pretty good.
Thanks for praying for Glenn.  Glenn is being a good patient, taking it easy, resting and watching TV.  He is catching up on emails and reports and continues to make phone calls.  Even though he can't drive for a while, he is not driving me crazy. ;)



3 comments:

  1. Glen, I never knew that Judy could keep you in stitches. She just didn't seem to be that type. What a wonderful wife you have! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything came back fine! I had no idea this was happening! How is he feeling now?

    ReplyDelete