Friday, March 02, 2012

This World is NOT My Home

 Last night, Marjorie Watson went home to be with her Lord. 
Nov 21, 1921 - Mar 1, 2012
Check out my Sept 4, 2009 blog post where I showed Marge singing her favorite song.


Over recent years Glenn and I would love to take friends and family over to visit Marge.
Last year we took our good friends, Jeff and Kathy to see her.



Marge was a character.  I took my sister to visit her several years ago while she was in the hospital and she had a "hoot" holding up FLAT STANLEY.

Back in 2010, we took our niece Haley to visit Marge.
And as usual, Marge was a Cut-Up.

Marge would "light up" when we would start talking with her about her days in Peru, living out in the Campa village.  We would ask questions about her ministry there.  She would tell us stories of how they would receive mail only once or twice a month, and sometimes via "mail drops" from the airplanes.  We would talk about old HAM radio days.
We were blessed each time we saw Marge.  She was witty, quick and spunky!

photo of Ann with Marge on her recent birthday in November



Marge, you have been loved by many and now you will be missed by us all.

This world is not my home, I'm just passing through.
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.
The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
    Chorus 
     O Lord you know I have no friend like you If Heaven's not my home, then Lord what will I do? The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
~J

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting us know of Marge's passing. Working in the same tribe in Peru I always enjoyed contact with Marge. That cute smile and she made each of us feel special.
    Maurine Friesen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember meeting Marge at BSF in Tampa and found out that our church supported her daughter and son-in-law, Ann and Bob, in Guatemala. She was a very special lady! Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
    Mildred Petersen

    ReplyDelete