Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Moody Bible Institute 2011 Alumnus of the Year




Our good friend, Ian Leitch, received the 2011 Alumnus of the Year award from Moody Bible Institute.  For 8 out of the past 10 years, Glenn and I have been in Chicago during the evening session, but not the past two years.  We had WMBI over the internet yesterday to listen/watch here in Guatemala.  I was thrilled that Ian got the Award.  We are so very proud of our dear friend.

{Ian, me and Hugo}
Ian and I served on the Alumni Board together for 5 years.  Secretly, I tried to sit next to him at each board meeting, because he "livened" up the meetings with his "under his breath" remarks.  He has a contagious and sensitive spirit about him.  He is sincere and genuine.  You can't get more real than that.  He speaks his mind with clarity and thoughtfulness.

Ian was the guest speaker for our CAM Guatemala Conference back in 2007.

As I reflect on the past, Ian joins the ranks of other Great Alumnus of the Year MBI with whom Glenn and I share friendships with - Take a look at just a few (yes, I'm name dropping). 

{click on the name and/or Alumnus of the year....to read more}
In summary, Congratulations to our dear friend Ian Leitch. Ian habitually would call me "Judy from Moody". We are super proud to have a friend like Ian.  Way to go!  You deserve this highly prestigious award!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment